Ironman? 
Posted: 30 May 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

How about Ironman?  Is that worth seeing in the theater?

Prior to Indian Jones, the last movie that the wife and I had gone to see was 3:10 to Yuma.  We just don’t go to the movies often because it’s hard to find a movie that’s worth $20+ for the two of us.  Those are hard-earned dollars for a poor school teacher like me!  I think we went to a total of 3 movies in 2007.

Ironman would be our second movie in as many weeks, so it’s gotta be worth it!

What say you?

Posted: 30 May 2008 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

hmmm i think it was..  wasnt anything like a MUST SEE.. but it was good enough imo… little slow for my taste.. to much CSI like showing them work and such but some people liek that

Posted: 30 May 2008 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

My kids and I loved Iron Man.  The people we saw it with loved Iron Man....oretty much everyone I know who has seen it loved it and htought it was worth the money.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 30 May 2008 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

oh, heh...the 3 of us saw it for like 15 bucks I think.  We have a cheap theater in my city where they play new releases....well that is until they tear down the mall they are in an put in a 5 story apartment complex....damn construction.  Probably end my movie watching in a theater cause I hate the big ones with all the crowds that charge 15 bucks for a kid movie...rip off i tells ya....ok, now my rant is over, back to belly’s question smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Iron Man was tons of fun.  I was surprised how well it looked.  I was afraid of terrible CGI - like The Hulk - but this looked quite good!  It was an entertaining story as well.  Worth the $21 for two tickets ... *sigh*

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

well, after watching Indiana today, I must say I liked Iron Man a lot better.  So did my son.  My daughter on the other hand, like Iniana jones.  I found Indiana Jones dragged in places, and the ending was really not that good.  Ah well, Next Movie will be Hancock with Will Smith, looks dang funny smile

Signature 

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Iron Man was far better than Indy in my opinion.  It did drag in places and the ending might have gone a little bit too far.

Hancock looks great though.  If I were a superhero (the thought is scarey enough i Know) but i could see myself being a little disgruntled with havign to help people all the time.  Think of back in teh day wehn peopel would just shout for clerics like we had to reattach their limbs.

The 2nd Hulk looks godo too...and brinign in the Abomination is classic.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2007-11-02
Heimdall - 02 June 2008 03:06 AM

The 2nd Hulk looks godo too...and brinign in the Abomination is classic.

Yup, I thought that was solid as well.  I’m also glad that they didn’t put those fish monster ears on the abomination too.

Signature 

“A word to the wise ain’t necessary—it’s the stupid ones that need the advice.”

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

well Ed norton is a good actor and i think he’ll help to carry the story.

Iron man was a good flick, better than Indy. 

Belly if you don’t mind violating some copyrights you can download cams of the movies and just watch them at home.

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

I know, but I generally try to avoid breaking laws whenever possible.  I have no problem waiting for a movie to hit Netflix and watching it in the comfort of my own home for the minimal cost of a monthly subscription.  It’s the rare movie that is a “must see” on the big screen over which I agonize - like Indy and Iron Man.  Most movies, in my opinion, aren’t worth paying Big Screen prices for; nor are they worth violating copyright over.

Posted: 03 June 2008 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

if they rip out the copyright warning… and i.. the watcher never see the copyright warning.. then how do i know im violating it? wink

Posted: 03 June 2008 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I agree with Belly on the copyright thing… Gone are my days of pirated software.  It is a hard thign to theach the kid it is ok for daddy to steal movies and computer software but leave that 50 cent candy bar alone.  The best thign to do if you can wait and if your town has one is to catch things when movies hit the cheap theater.  @ bucks a pop isn’t a bad price to pay to see a movie...good or awful.

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2008 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I agree with heimy...GASP, did I say that?...frick, the world will end now.

I don;t believe in downloading pirated software, movies or songs.  I made my daughter set up an account for her i-pod and to pay for each song she downloads.  Working in a software environment like i do, I think I am the only non-pirate in my section, damn pirates!

It’s the way I want to bring up my kids, and that’s by trying to set the best example I can.  Growing up I never had these examples and learned the lessons the hard way, I hope my kids learn from my mistakes.

Wow, not only did I agree with heimy, but I got deep there....I am getting old and all growned up dammit!

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2008 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

All is now right in the world.

Signature 

Posted: 04 June 2008 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

I dont mind taking chump change away from an indrustry that makes WAY to much money.. u can even say it directly supports there coke habbits wink..... now i still buy music cds from bands i support.. and even some of thos bands are GIVING there cds away for free to there true fans.  like pennywise.. they are pretty big in the punk secne.. but other then that must have never heard of them, there latest cd was downloadble for free to fans who signed up for it. .. anyways wanna talk about stealing.. there are movies out there i feel they stole my money.. like waterworld.. and doomed generation.. and many others i cringe to think about.

but on another note.. i do pay a 25 dollar monthly fee for my movies/games/music/books/software

and i cant stand people recording movies via video camra with a shaky hand and people getting up in the middle of it.  i refuse to watch thos.