i havent been able to connect to dk need help
Posted: 16 March 2008 08:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-11-06

i just recently got a new isp and purchaced a i new modem wireless router combo mortorola sbg900. i got it set up and am able to access the net via ie and instant messengers no problem but when i try to connect md and i keep comming up with a connection failed message, ive tried connecting via java,gmud and telnet. ive tried turning off my firewall and playing with the exceptions in the firewall setting with no luck. i knowledge about wireless routers is pretty limited so was hoping someone had any seguestions. also noticed cant connect to limewire either im assuming the issued are related dose anyone have any thoughts or seguestions on how to fix the problem ?
thanks
zyndar downer

Posted: 16 March 2008 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Joined  2007-11-06

even tried useing an eithernet connect and forgetting the wireless but dont matter still same result

Posted: 16 March 2008 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

If you can IM and surf but can’t connect to MD, it’s perhaps a locked port or Telnet protocol is locked-down.  Check out your router, modem, and firewalls to make sure that port 23 is open - that’s what telnet usually goes out on.

Posted: 16 March 2008 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

you’d probably want to set up port forwarding.  It’ll require you to give your computer a static ip address and then opening that port and forwarding it to that ip address.

But honestly it might be a config issue on your router cause i’m on a wireless connection on my laptop and i have no issue connecting to MD.

now you say you went to the website and tried to connect via the java connection and it didn’t work.  That tells me its not a port issue as the java one is via the browser.

Posted: 16 March 2008 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Joined  2007-11-06

thanks belly found the problem