Posted: 08 April 2008 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

What areas do you never go to because they are:

A) Unplayable (too hard, crappy syntax)
B) Boring
C) Playable and exciting, but not enough XP or Goodies.

If your not a newbie, I don;t need to see that an aristo isn’t in the Vesla Sewers for example.

Go with your current level or if you recall your newbie days, go with that.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 08 April 2008 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

One place that I haven’t been to in a while is the Gorge.  If I remember correctly it had some cool stuff but I got trapped there a couple of times with no alc and a tons of baddies chasing me.

I hardly ever go down to the Pirates south of Candera...or whatever it’s called down there.

And except to corpse run, alc and startup I am hardly in Vesla.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 08 April 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Shades… not even necros leave shades alone now… i used to killed shades for exp..

yea vesla, besides corpse running and the silver ring, not much else there for the ave aristo/high level

im sure there is more i just cant think atm

Posted: 09 April 2008 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I used to do thje shades more as a barb and it was part of the exp run.  The bad thing about the shades is that there are no corpses, metals, or sellables that come from them.  Oh and ghosts don’t have any cash either.

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I always thought it would be cool if the Shades left thier eq behind.  Blame Belly smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Does anyone goto the anthill?  The dwarf area on the way to Candera?  The Tower outside of Anshelm?  Trying to think of other areas that are in the game that people may not know about (or care about:) ) I would list my areas, but they are all newbie areas and I know they get lots of traffic from the one newbie smile

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I thought the anthill was gone...it’s still there?  I haven’t done anything in that tower for a while.  That used to be a bootrush task back in the day…

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

i haven’t tried the dwarf area yet...mostly cause I am a big chicken.  Heard there were some goodies in there though.

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 06:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

The Anthill is still there.  I actually went back and mapped it a few weeks ago.  The anthill used to have one of the alobe antidote thingies, but not any more.

I have a druid char I made a long time ago who likes the items from the boss in there....unfortunately, he needs someone else to get them as the boss is a bit tough for a lvl 9.

I remember (a long time ago) that one of the wizzes had either made an error, or was simply over generous with the amount of xp the ants gave.  Bunney and I went and cleaned that place out and got a ton of xp.

But what is the dwarf place?  Never been there

Posted: 09 April 2008 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

It was one of Roack’s Areas.  I think it’s a few north of Candera to Vesla road.  Can’t recall how many east from candera though.  I haven’t been in there since I went over it as a Wiz.  I do recall it was a pretty cool area though.

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 08:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I am going to have to go kill me some ants for old time sakes.  I think you could sel their exoskseletons to the store for some cash!

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

You should watch the Ant Bully.  you big ant bully!

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I owe them some payback for back in 1994.  You gotta pay your debts sooner or later, and it is time for the ants to pay!  You need to open up your newbie areas so I can do some corpse running.

Ps: this is my 100th post!! WOO HOO!

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2008 01:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18
Tarmon - 09 April 2008 04:39 AM

Does anyone goto the anthill?  The dwarf area on the way to Candera?  The Tower outside of Anshelm?  Trying to think of other areas that are in the game that people may not know about (or care about:) ) I would list my areas, but they are all newbie areas and I know they get lots of traffic from the one newbie smile

i got lost in the anthill before… i dont like the exp there nor could i find any quests or maybe it was just me… and umm the tower scares me.. really badly.. >_< i’ve been in there and i got stuck (killed) many times.. hehe

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I followed Heimy through the ant hill, it was fun smile

in fact I followed Hiemy most of the night to see if he would die while equiping.  Happily for him, he survived. smile

Signature 

Posted: 15 April 2008 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

It’s hard to casually get your eq w/ Tarmon say things like:

“Didn’t you used to be good.”
“This is boot rush not boot slow.”
“Man it takes you a long time to kill stuff.”

The ant anthill was fun to tool around in again.  I even “found” the boss.

Signature 

1 of 2

‹‹ Candera      Favorite Areas ››