1 of 2
Hulk
Posted: 10 June 2008 01:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I heard so many bad things about the first one i didnt watch it.. but this one seems to be good.. plus i hear iron man will show his face… or maybe just tony.. but we will see

Posted: 10 June 2008 04:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

I liked the first one and I am looking forward to the 2nd one.  I think all these movies are leading up to a big avengers flick, which will be cool smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 10 June 2008 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

they are.. but iv never been an avengers fan really as a team.. but ill still watch it

Posted: 10 June 2008 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I wasn’t a big fan of them either, but I’m sure the movie will be cool.  Now what would be really cool is if they do a few movies on the Mutant Wars and the death of Superman.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 10 June 2008 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-11-06

Avengers you say? Yeah, it’s happening. I forget all the details but they are going hog wild with the Marvel stuff over the next couple years here.

Posted: 11 June 2008 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

Spose to be a wolvrine movie sometime.. but i havent heard nothing about it for a while now.. would be nice to see some of the inner minor fights.. like when wolv and spiderman fight.. and wolv and hulk fight… altho the royaly fucked up the xmen series imo.. i woulda like to see them bring in apoc and arch-angel

Posted: 13 June 2008 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-11-06

Read a funny review in the paper today (maybe some spoilers or something):

“Hulk. Smash!” Yes. Hulk. Smash. Yes. Smash. Big Hulk smash. Smash cars. Buildings. Army tanks. Hulk not just smash. Hulk also go rarrr! Then smash again. Smash important, obviously. Smash Hulk’s USP. What Hulk smash most? Hulk smash all hope of interesting time in cinema. Hulk take all effort of cinema, effort getting babysitter, effort finding parking, and Hulk put great green fist right through it. Hulk crush all hopes of entertainment. Hulk in boring film. Film co-written by star. Edward Norton. Norton in it. Norton write it. Norton not need gamma-radiation poisoning to get big head. Thing is: Hulk head weirdly small. Compared with rest of big green body.

Hulk not scary. Hulk look like Shrek. Wait. Critic have ... second thought. Hulk look like Shrek when Shrek turn handsome, in Shrek 2. Like Gordon Brown. Hulk rubbish. Hulk not look powerful. Especially when Hulk do jumpy bouncy floaty thing. Over New York buildings. Then Hulk look wussy. Big. Yet wussy. Not good combination.

Stan Lee have big cameo. Stan Lee keen on self. Previously Stan Lee just glimpsed. Now Stan in it for 30 seconds. Or more. Stan clearly on roll. Stan even give Robert Downey Jr cameo. As Iron Man. This very irritating. Audience supposed to be excited. Audience nod off. Long ago.

Idea is. Dr Bruce Banner - on run. Keep anger under control. Banner hope not turn into Hulk. Banner live .... in Brazilian slum. Work in factory. Total babe there fancy Banner. Banner quite fancy babe. But Banner not make move. Babe in film to keep guys interested. Until Banner’s girlfriend Liv Tyler come into action later. Tyler not mind Hulk thing. Hulk remind her of dad. Steven Tyler. Possibly. Much location work. Overhead shots. Of slums. City of God vibe intended. But this rubbish. Like everything else.

Tim Roth come on. As evil soldier. Fighting Hulk personal for him. Roth typical evil Brit. Roth supposedly working for US army. Yet Roth Brit. Critic annoyed by stereotyping. Roth get injected with serum. Become Hulky supervillain. Smash cars. Tanks. Only with no trousers. Roth groin area ambiguous. Groin area look lumpy. Bumpy. Perhaps odd penis. Perhaps odd trousers. Critic ... not sure.

Same old story. Superhero movie give superhero mirror-image antagonist. Like in Spider-Man 3. Idea rubbish in Spider-Man 3. Idea rubbish here. Hulk versus humanity important thing. Cancelled out here. Basic problem ... critic not believe Hulk angry. Hulk just roar. It not look convincing. Not truly seem angry. Critic think about this. Critic decide why. It because Hulk not swear. Hulk just say: “Hulk. Smash” etc. If Hulk shout C-word ... different matter. Then Hulk look angry. Sound angry. Not here. Hulk genteel.

Critic remember Ang Lee version. Ang Lee version slagged off. Yet rubbish new Hulk film make that look like Citizen Kane. Critic exit cinema miffed. Film take away two hours of critic’s life. Critic not get time back. Ever. Rarrrrr.

Posted: 13 June 2008 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

That’s a great review! I give that kid an A.

Posted: 18 June 2008 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

If someone has seen this, or when they see it, can they let me know if there is anything an 8 year old boy shouldn’t be seeing...nudity, swearing, over the top gory violence, that sort of stuff.  He has seen Iron Man, and Indiana Jones but I would like to take him to this one if it’s not over the top.

Thanks smile

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

havnet seen it.. but doubt there is anything worse then getting eating alive by ants

Posted: 18 June 2008 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I didn’t think there would be anything in the movie “Outpost” either....but I was wrong smile Outpost is a good movie by the way, just not kid friendly smile

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

never even hear of outpost so i had to look it up

Set in war-torn Eastern Europe, a band of battle-worn mercenaries undertake a dangerous mission into a no-man’s land at the behest of a mysterious businessman. When they locate and secure a disused military bunker, they also discover a terrifying secret that has laid buried for half a century--and which they’ll have to fight to survive.

Genres: Action/Adventure, Art/Foreign, Suspense/Horror and Thriller

or

Ray Stevenson stars in OUTPOST, which follows a team of mercenaries as they battle their deadliest enemies yet in the form of Nazi remains and the survivor of a horrific army experiments. Set in dismal, war-ravaged Europe, the film explores the men’s attempts to remain alive while digging up a mystery greater than they ever imagined.

MPAA Rating: Not Rated

but.. i can see how that might not be kid friendly.. horror.. good key word smile

Posted: 18 June 2008 06:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Yeah, I was looking for a good action movie for us to watch....that was not it.  It is a good movie though for a B type mercanary flick.

Signature 

Posted: 23 June 2008 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I saw the Hulk this weekend.  It might be a little too gorey for an 8 year-old.  Can definitly see soem death in this one or at least assumptions of death more so than in Iron-Man.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 23 June 2008 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Thanks heimy, I think he is pretty much set on seeing it though.  I’ll deal with the consequences of it after I take him this weekend smile I can always cover his eyes if things get out of hand.

Signature 

Posted: 24 June 2008 03:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i donno.. ironman had that first convoy ambush people dieing left and right. .then when ironman shots them rocket things into the group of bad guys.. dont think they lived ether smile thats just off the top of my head

sooo more about the movie! was it good? bad? gore is good.. but when i think of gorey.. i think of rambo… so is that the type of gore? if thats the case im watching it tonight.

1 of 2