1 of 2
PvP
Posted: 28 March 2008 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I dont know why, but iv been iching to wack some random person… I miss Pking and PvP..
so i was thinking of a way to bring it back.. couple of reasons it has died down is becuase of the smaller player base.. and cost of death.. last time i died, it took 4-5 full 8 hour boots… ouch.... ouch.. and if i happen to lose an askill to?? double ouch. .. so my idea.. and im not sure if its even possible.. lower the exp penatly on Pking.. i donno, just a thought

Posted: 28 March 2008 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

I am for that.  I would love for a random war to start again.  Nothing gets the blood pumping like “the hunt”.  Lowering the PK penalty of death or perhaps tying it to Clans with a low penalty of death could be good. 

I still like your battle or battle tournament idea.  It would be a great way to test your skills, game knowledge, etc against another player.  It could be staged in the arena without the penalty of death.  Granted getting beat down by a half naked monk would be demoralizing.

Another way to make PK sorta interesting would be to transfer the amount lost from the killed player to the killer or a portion of it.  Would possibly up the tendency of PK but the exp transfer could be based on a certain numbe of levels difference in the player or something similar.  I definitely could see the potential of this being abused though unless maybe only one per week or month was allowed. 

Just a wacky idea!

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 28 March 2008 03:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

haha with your exp transfer idea.. i can already see the thiefs drooling
but i do like the idea
it would make people use paranoia more often
keep people on there toes

Posted: 28 March 2008 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Not sure when the last time you died, but death costs are actually substantially lower than they’ve ever been.  It is a thought, and probably doable, to reduce the XP-loss from PK.  However, that could easily be abused.  Imagine fighting along side Heimdall, and like usual, he’s about to die - so you <kill heimdall>.  You land the killing blow against your party-mate and save him the XP he would normally have lost to Jin Jin.  *shrug* Just a quick thought.

Posted: 28 March 2008 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

true.. but that would be abuse.. just like people who try to go ld instead of dieing and such.. that will be easly catchable i would think. .. last time i died.. was a month or 2 ago? i dont count total exp lost becuase i cant track that.. but stats i have re-raise.  last couple times i died i lost 3 stats.. but ya i know it has been greatly reduced from when stats cost a mil exp.. but i also was doing double the exp in a boot

Posted: 28 March 2008 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

Sadly I was just thinking of a similar abuse and I did think of someone just killing me.....

Death losses have been greatly reduced and though I am not in favor of checking the effect of charisma on death...at least that stat does have some bearing as well.  Just though it might be fun…

Signature 

Posted: 29 March 2008 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18
Lynis - 28 March 2008 02:26 AM

I dont know why, but iv been iching to wack some random person… I miss Pking and PvP..
so i was thinking of a way to bring it back.. couple of reasons it has died down is becuase of the smaller player base.. and cost of death.. last time i died, it took 4-5 full 8 hour boots… ouch.... ouch.. and if i happen to lose an askill to?? double ouch. .. so my idea.. and im not sure if its even possible.. lower the exp penatly on Pking.. i donno, just a thought

ewwwww pking??
lol jkjk.. well kinda..
hehe well i guess since i dont play anymore i shouldnt really care raspberry
dont you feel bad for the newbies or people who get dragged into the pking fights though? >_<

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 29 March 2008 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23
Tyrande - 29 March 2008 06:54 AM

dont you feel bad for the newbies or people who get dragged into the pking fights though? >_<

heh
nope
most of us were newbies thro much worse

Posted: 30 March 2008 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-11-21

Here’s another idea for pking that might be fun.  I have known other muds to do this, but I’m not sure how it would work with Armageddon and our standard boot/clock cycles.

Anyways, other muds introduce random “no-save” periods.  During these period, ppl try to hunt and kill as many other players as possible, just to get the juices flowing, but nothing that happens during this “no save” period is saved.  You die, you log off, and relog on, and you are the same as you were the last time the game “saved.”

Posted: 31 March 2008 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

That would be cool, i know we have had whole boots like that, and a board that kept track of who had the most pks.. that was fun.. we could ake it like the first sat of every month.. or the 1st of every month.. something like that so everyone knows what day it would be.

Posted: 31 March 2008 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2007-11-22
Lynis - 28 March 2008 03:07 AM

it would make people use paranoia more often
keep people on there toes

...I could always rebuild another thief if you want to be paranoid again Kris.

J/K. Im 99.9% sure that I will not rebuild another thief. smile

Signature 

Alithras Moonson is gonna rip your guts. <666>

Posted: 31 March 2008 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I remember thsi from an old PAW(Player Appreciation Week).  It was neat with various little goodies to play with as well.  If I remember correctly it was a level playing field too and you could change classes to have a little extra fun and try something different.

Signature 

Posted: 31 March 2008 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ya know.. if people dont wanna sign up for the pvp tourny.. will just bring the fight to them! keep track of who has the most pks.. then rank by class/level.. be hard to get people not to kill the midbees tho i guess

Posted: 31 March 2008 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

A voluntary tourney with some cool prizes at the end would be cool to see.

Pick a boot, once a month and with an hour to go let the tourney begin.  could have different sections such as the newbie, 5-10, 11-15, 16-19, Aristo.  with an overall champion at the end.

die once and your out of the tourney, if your not in combat for 5 minutes, out of the tourney(to stop idlers from coming at the end and cleaning up).

Be a lot of work, but could be a fun idea.  Open up the plains from PAW and have it all done there smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 01 April 2008 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

make a battleground, a large open PVP area with a theme.

Imagine our own version of d-day or battle of thermopylae where you can be playing against other players or join up and take out npcs.

Posted: 01 April 2008 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-06

Would love to see more clan wars hehehe.  Never been in one.  I remember this one mud way back in the day had a castle system similiar to the clan system here.  Used to have raids and once in a while there would be an all out ‘war’ between all the ‘houses’ basically you choose a side, there being two and possibly three different major houses that everyone else would align with.  Even allowed non members to choose an alleigence when they logged in ‘during’ a war.  Each ‘castle’, or king would get x # of npcs allotted to protect their castle depending on how much of the coffers the king, generals, etc.. would dedicate to the war effort at the start of the war.  The npcs would battle on a virtual battle ground, while the players ran around equipping themselves for the final confrontation.  Real exp loss was minimal, like 50k max for the higher lvl players.  But to the victors the spoils of war… unique items for one boot etc.. or a boost to combat if their ‘king’ was logged in the next boot or something along those lines.

1 of 2

‹‹ Big Boy NPC Battles      Kearn ››