Newbies
Posted: 24 April 2008 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

I just made a Dwarf newbie… con was #2 on stats when char was made… i have raised 2 levels and still dont have the exp to raise con once.... con is very bad.. i dont know.. i just think you should be able to raise a few stats before leveling… specially twice

Posted: 24 April 2008 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

also.. i think newbies should get some kind of minor skills to burn mana with.... maybe even tailor towards the class they want.. like.. magic darts… or ... a weak ambush or battlecray.. or rage… or curse.. or bless.. or.. whatever treehuggers do..

Posted: 25 April 2008 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

and no classlist!!! wtf
ok.. that one is kinda pointless

Posted: 25 April 2008 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Newbies have thier own benefits.  I always wanted a newbie top classlist, very impracticle, but it would be fun to see.

As for leveling twice before raiseing con.  I think you can get to level 2 after 100 XP, level 3 after 300-400 XP.  The first few levels and stat raises (from terrible to horrible) are dirt cheap.

some of the benefits for newbies are free armour that’s decent till level 3 (after that you should be looking for a store to suppliment) and death doesn’t count for much till they reach a certain stat\level count.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 25 April 2008 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

i think we all agree, to much mana for newbies lead to stupid shouts because they can just shout and shout and shout.. leads to newbie killing.. leads to mad wizards..

im just saying it is kinda weird, and backwards you can level so fast and not raise a stat (and lose free armour before raiseing a single stat) true, they could raise umm.. int.. for more mana i guess.. to shout more wink

Posted: 25 April 2008 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Newbies should be using thier mana on consider smile

Then shout asking questions what the consider phrase meant.

Also, not all newbies are as knowledgeable as you when comes to making a new character.  So they may get a few stats raises in for what ever stat they think they need as they level.  I’m pretty sure you could have raised something other cha between levels 1-3.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 25 April 2008 06:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

possible int/wis maybe dex.. but str/con are my best stats as a dwarf right?

Posted: 25 April 2008 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I think str\con are good for a dwarf.  If you pick those as primary stats when creating a character your starting stat levels will go up to the point where you iwll need 1-2k for the next raise (I can’t recall the numbers and can’t look them up at work).  When you can get to level 3 on about 1k experience, the chances of you raising one of those is slim.  It will probably happen right after level 3 though.  The gap between 3-4 should be a few raises and the 4-5 3-4 raises (for primary classing stats).  It all depends on what you want for a class and which race you choose.  An elf which picks str and con as the first two will probably get a few raises in as elves start off weak in these two stats between 1-3, but may have a bitch of time getting them to below average(newbie cap) before they reach level 6.

Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2008 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Does this mean that you will probably sit at the max level for a newbie, 6, for a bit before you get your necessary stats for a class?  Well especially if you pick an odd race for your class.  Of course if you die you won’t be sitting at the cap at all.  I don’t think newbies should get any skills unless it is a chance for them to see what the classes are like and only happens at like level 5 as a test out process to pick a class. 

The scarier part is that Lynis is playing a newbie....

Isn’t is great when you are putting up a post on Moral Decay and your divison manager walks in your cube....luckily I do some web programming so that stuff I have up looks weird anyway.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 25 April 2008 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

For some classes such as fighter, you should never hit level 6 before you class.

If you pick a half-ogre necro or mage though, I imagine you will hit level 6 more times than not.

Standard race for a class = easier classing (more around level 5)
Odd race for a class = more challenging and possibly later classing.

At least that is how I view it.  I do enjoy the odd race for a class though.  The half-orc mages, half-ogre necros and the elf fighters are all challenging to play, yet unique in hier own way.

And gnomes are the bestest race for any class...at least I think so smile

Signature