Cleric update
Posted: 26 August 2008 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 226 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08
Belegost - 26 August 2008 12:19 PM
FunkyDeisel - 24 August 2008 06:47 PM

I had a couple ideas if weeping wounds (which I hadn’t tried out yet) is poo-pooed:

Cloak of Chivalry: Reflects the damage caused by less-than-honorable combat tactics (poison, disease, maybe some bleeding attacks, etc...) Could make cleric a possible anti-thief class, which would be in keeping with theme.

Protection from Evil does this already. There is extra protection from such dishonourable attacks as poison, disease, and ... acid, I think. These special protections have slightly different protection-messages that go off.

Yes sir, I was thinking specifically a reflect—like flameshield style.

Posted: 26 August 2008 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 227 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Ahhhhh.

Nah, stopping the damage (or at least minimizing it) is enough for your god.

Posted: 27 August 2008 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 228 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-08

Have you been communing with my God behind my back?

Posted: 28 August 2008 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 229 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-11-18
Heimdall - 26 August 2008 02:53 AM

I can’t remember from the playtesting but what is the difference in the pally and priest bless strength if any?  I am going to have to see what it is if any.  Has anyone really tested the weeping wounds yet?  This looks like the offensive “boost” that priests said was missing.  If this is a significant offensive prayer the “gap” may be closed.

the last time i tested it was..

Priest Bless
self:
was about 7,6,7,6,8,etc

others:

if lucky, there is a special on angelic aligned players…
and you’ll get 5,6,5,4,4 etc
however it seems buggy, only happened 3 times out of the countless times i’ve blessed people
and the last time i checked it activated on an evil aligned person (never saw it activate on an angelic aligned player)

Pally Bless
(stats taken from play testing)
self

others (this one should be accurate)

Signature 

“Moonlight shines on the innocent and guilty alike.”

Posted: 28 August 2008 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 230 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

last time you and I tested it it was, 4,5,4,5,6,4

Posted: 03 September 2008 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 231 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel slightly jaded from protection.  Before we were protected from everything regardless of alignment, but now prot is just prot from evil, I think it would only be fair if it were to offer a bit more prot than it currently does.

Posted: 03 September 2008 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 232 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-15

That was really my selling point for Paladin. Besides Arjuno being a gnome and needing protection, clerics have a lot less hp than our other armor wearing counterparts. I obviously can’t speak for Belly, but I’m fairly sure you’re stuck with that version of protection for Priests. I knew that the lack of protection from non-evil aligned monsters was going to suck for us.

On a different note, there are a lot of randomly aligned monsters out there. It would be nice to see a bit more consistency. One notable example is the Anshelmish Bear...yeah, he’s usually good.

Anon

Posted: 03 September 2008 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 233 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-08

Honestly, with the exception of a few kills, protection for priests should be only needed against non-good, because if you’re killing something else, you’re killing the wrong thing.  None of your class powers are going to do diddly squat against good foes, just stay away from them.

I find protection to be ok, personally.  It’s not what Moira protection was, obviously, but then she was badass.

Posted: 04 September 2008 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 234 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2007-11-05

well lets redefine ‘good’ then.  Good isn’t simply alignment, it also has to do with the targets relationship with your racial god.  That Dwarf may be good, but since the dwarves are considered an abomination by my elven god then any dwarf killed is considered time well spent and as such my god would protect me from it.

Posted: 04 September 2008 03:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 235 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

does it actully say that somewhere on moral for the elven god? if not then killing good people becuase of there race is usally an evil deed.. reguardless of your opinon on dwarfs

Posted: 05 September 2008 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 236 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-03-28

Everyone knows that Dwarves should be killed on sight.

Halflings and Gnomes too - I dont like short people.

Posted: 05 September 2008 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 237 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

half-elfs? elfs? they can be pretty short too

Posted: 05 September 2008 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 238 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
FunkyDeisel - 03 September 2008 05:18 PM

Honestly, with the exception of a few kills, protection for priests should be only needed against non-good, because if you’re killing something else, you’re killing the wrong thing.  None of your class powers are going to do diddly squat against good foes, just stay away from them.

I find protection to be ok, personally.  It’s not what Moira protection was, obviously, but then she was badass.

Actually, I think you’re right.  Protection is ok.  I think it’s just the fact that I can’t hit or rather I Rarely hit.  So, I’m sitting there taking tons of damage but I gots no offense.  cuz by the end of the night all my armors will be destroyed or close to it or I’ve gone through a set, and I’ll walk away with 25k xp for my troubles.

Posted: 15 September 2008 09:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 239 ]
Candidate
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-15

Could cleric’s health get increased by a small amount? It seems rather low...to the point that if protection doesn’t work, you’re almost committing suicide.

Anon

Posted: 16 September 2008 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 240 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

That’s a larger issue and would need fairly wide discussion amongst the broader wizardry. My purely personal thought is that Cleric HPs seem to be okay where they are given the amount of armour that they can stack, plus their defensive prayers, plus their ability to heal themselves. At least that’s my experience having recently played a bunch of low- and medium-level clerics. Now, having said that, I know that no player would be upset if HPs were increased anyway.

I cannot speak about high-level clerics though. Since Aristos fight an entirely different class of NPC on occassion, it’s hard to extrapolate from my experience to that level. That is, the NPCs that a level 20 cleric fights are radically different from those that a fully-omax cleric fights - like soloing the Kraken, the Twins, Chancel, the Guardian, and The Old Man.

@Anon: I got your email - thanks. I’ll look into those attacks and see what was up.

16 of 18

‹‹ Class that needs help      Sub-Class Ideas ››