5 of 18
Cleric update
Posted: 16 June 2008 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2008-01-15

Hmmm...it has merit but I think it might be a redcution in the “power” priest prayers.  I saw it as an upside in the mana award.  The holy water wouldn’t be too much of a nuisance but I don’t think the alignment is goign to as much of an issue as people believe.  It might be a good prayer for the acolytes then move to mana for the priest.

Signature 

And you know this maaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Posted: 16 June 2008 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2007-11-06

Right - this isn’t about adding power to Priests or anything like that.  I don’t really see this being used all that much, but I figure it doesn’t hurt to have.  There are a few things that a Priest can do to reduce their alignment (aside from killing things like a Heavenly Archeron) - a big one will be switching between Priest & Pally.

Monks can’t drink, that’s why they get to bury corpses for mana. Clerics can drink, so they don’t need a similar ability.  Giving free mana to a class that can get mana the old fashioned way would be too unbalancing.

Posted: 16 June 2008 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2007-11-08

Problem with that:  There are 2 vials of holy water (4 if chrisms are going to work, and not everybody can get them) and they are a common money kill, plus being used for 2 other tasks (that I know of).  If there were more holy water around, I guess it wouldn’t be crazy.

Posted: 17 June 2008 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

clerics can bless the water to make it holy water… so the only problem is finding a vial and water wink

Posted: 17 June 2008 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-11-05

It could be as something as simple as buying a takeout at a bar and ‘purifying’ it.

Posted: 17 June 2008 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

all this talk of holy water brings to mind a vision of a cleric walking around splashing holy water at undeads and seeing them sizzle hehe

Posted: 18 June 2008 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

I wouldn’t mind them sizzling.  Could do a multiple purify to make it very very holy.

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2008 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Midbie
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

hehe, dunno about multiple purify but probably will be based on cleric’s lvl/stat/alignment

Posted: 22 June 2008 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

Just by way of notice: now Acolytes & Priests are finished.  On to Paladins now!

Posted: 23 June 2008 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

Belly is a coding master mind!

i know its a little late but

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Cleric

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Paladin

Posted: 26 June 2008 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

5 prayers to go.  With Paladins, I’ve strayed from my original plan a little.  For example, I was planning on the buffs (like Vitality which boosts Con) to only affect the Pally themself, but I’m going to allow these prayers for others as well.  You’ll pay a mana premium when praying for others, but I figure this opens options, rather than limits them, and that’s usually a good thing for a game.

Posted: 27 June 2008 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

2 to go, but I’ll be out of town for the next week.  Someone decided that Texas would be a good place to host an international convention at the end of June/ beginning of July . . .

Posted: 27 June 2008 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-15

uhm and being at a conference prohibits coding how?  Get to working dwarf.

“The beatings witll continue until morale improves!”

Signature 

Posted: 27 June 2008 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Adventurer
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-11-05

ok ok… i may be a little late on this, but i wanted to say that yes, something had to be done with clerics. YAY!  while i’m still somewhat confused on exactly what’s going on… and which way i may have to go, being Antiu/Ledah… umm I liked the fact that i had antiu prayers, and as the goddess of war she was FREAKING WEAK, ledah had the benefit of healing better, etc.... so I think it may be hard for me to choose, can’t wait to see what ends up.

Posted: 29 June 2008 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06

There won’t be a lot of playtesters, and it there are two “new classes” here, so a lot of folks won’t know which way to go.  All existing clerics will start out as Acolytes, the subclass with the base spells, and then from there, you’ll at least have access to all of the help files for the different prayers.  <chelp prayers> will only show the prayers that YOU have access to, but you’ll be able to see others by using <chelp prayers priest>, <chelp prayers paladin>, or <chelp prayers all>.  From there, you’ll have to decide which order you want to join: Priest or Paladin.

There will be a mechanism to change your order from Priest to Paladin or vice-versa, but (a) it hasn’t been worked out yet, and (b) expect it to be costly.

I alluded to limited playtesters, and I’ll address that more in a later post.

PS
Texas is fucking hot!  I miss my Pacific ocean and its cooling breezes.

5 of 18

‹‹ Class that needs help      Sub-Class Ideas ››