7 of 10
NHL Playoffs
Posted: 24 March 2009 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  492
Joined  2007-11-22

Well , buffalo isn’t in yet I don’t think...nmontreal still hasn’t completed the collapse.  from the East lots of teams to choose from but my top 4 would be NJ, Caps, Philly and Pens.  Sadly, It’s looking like the pens could play any of those 3 teams which means boston will probably go through.  nto a big fan of them smile

As for hte kings...they made a good move by getting Stoll and Green but with no goaltending they may as well stay down in the basement with the avalanche and coyotes.

From the West, teams to watch will be SJ, Chicago and Nashville if they can hold on.  if SJ plays Nashville I could see SJ going down ans the preds are playing well of late.  If the oil play detroit in the first round I do not see a miracle at recxall this year as we did a few years ago.  but if Detroit can solve the goalie issues they will also go down in the first round.  Chicago has an interesting team...dominate all year for the most part but picked a bad time to slide and I just can’t cheer for Calgary or Vancouver smile

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 24 March 2009 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  686
Joined  2007-11-23

hah! Calgary and Vancouver it is! Calgary i was just looking at and have todd bertuzzi and Rene Bourque are both on IR..  but the islanders are soo shitty.. oh goodness .. .. but as long as LA beats out dallas.. im happen.. i hate dallas.  .. ya stoll is dope.. but they traded away people and stood there ground at the trade deadline not even trying to improve for the playoffs.. or make a run at it.

Posted: 25 March 2009 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Heh, I hope both Calgary and Vancouver have a first round exit.  I was hoping Edmonton could make a run for 6th and play Calgary in the first round, that would be good to see, but 7-11 are so tight I’d be happy if they make the playoffs.

Islanders = Shitty.  that Dipetro deal looks like a bust right now...I hope he can get hisk nees bad in order and play, he is a good goalie.

Kings didn’t do anything at the deadline cause they were out of it.  Although it was nice of them to give us Sully, He almost scored for us last night, just wide of the post on a back hand wrap around.

As forDallas....They lost last night...that always makes me happy as well.

Signature 

What do you mean I called you beautiful and you were the only one.  That was just the beer and pillow talk baby.

Posted: 27 March 2009 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

kings shut dallas out lastnight.. woo woo.. and kings havent been out of it, liek you said its been so close.. as of right now they are 8 points out.. which this late in the game is pretty much out of it.. but mid season is workable… ahh well.. just have to wait and see what happens.

Posted: 27 March 2009 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

hehe...kings areo ut of it...8 points with 9 games to go...aint gonna happen....but as the oilers are currently out of the playoffs....maybethey can all get together for some golfing smile

Signature 

Posted: 30 March 2009 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

yup, some big games coming up kings might actully beat out dallas! wooo wooo its about time to start watching hockey again

Posted: 30 March 2009 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I’ll cheer for the kings.  I used to cheer for them back in the yellow and purple jersey days, before Grektzy got there.  I still liketo watch them play when I can opn TV. I also like Matt Greene as a player, I think he one the one guy EDM. should have kept.  You could have taken any of these(or all of them) and I would haveb een happier - Horcoff, Moreau, pisani, poulliot, jaques, staios, roloson, reddox, 75% of our farm team.

Looks like EDM will be out of the playoffs unless we can win at least 5 of the next 6....which are all against playoff bound teams...man, this playoffs is gonna suck.

Signature 

Posted: 31 March 2009 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ya EDM is 2 points out atm.. but there are 4 teams playing for the last playoffspot all within 3 points or less.. well i guess you can add then second spot making its 2 spots, 5 teams, 4 points or less.. the playoffs start now for thos teams. only 3 teams on the eastside with bullfalo needing 4 points to slip in there.. its about time to drive my new roomate crazy with hockey.. cept now the my computer is in the other room i cant mud and watch HD.. so now i gotta make choices

Posted: 31 March 2009 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

hehe...yeah...5 teams for two spots....if columbus collapses they can still be caught, but not likely.

I hope Montreal Makes it in the east and I was hoping carolina didn’t Damn Eric cole playing like shit till he got traded.

It’s pretty much a playoff drive for Edm and we have 5 games at home...where we suck....I wonder if they will let us travel for those games.  We have more road wins that San jose and they are 30 points ahead of us. 

Damn oilers are like a hot woman, get you all excited at the prospect fo a good time, and then walk away with out giving up the goods.

Signature 

Posted: 31 March 2009 04:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

hahaha.. speak for yourself.. if its a prospect.. its a good chance for me.. but i dont consider anyone a prospect till atleast we got a good convo going.. anyways…

i dont see columbus choking this close to there first playoffs.. and i am hoping rangers hang on.. im not a rangers fan.. but i love watching avery piss people off.  and as for montreal.. im still hoping the sabres can pull one out of there cornhole…

and as for Edm having more wins then the sharks on the road.. this is true.. 1 more win.. but the sharks have have 5 less stright up losses and 5 more OTL losses which easly makes up for that one less win in points smile so to conclude if im doing my math right.. on the road.. oilers have 43 points.. and sharks have 45..  smile

Posted: 31 March 2009 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Hey, if it’s a prospect it’s a good chance for me as well...unless her name is Mrs. Oilers!  Damn them!

I don’t see the blue jackets choking either, hitch will coach a trap so they can make it but I see Mason crashing in the first round.

I would like to see one Canadian team in the east make it.  I was hoping for all 3 in the west but he damn oilers fricked that up.  But I’m not bitter smile Florida had better hope they make it so they don’t lose Bowmeister for chance to make a playoff run that failed.

Hey, it’s all about the wins...I hate loser points.  Seriously, make a regulation win worth 3 and that way all games will be worth the same amount of points.  Drives me nuts.

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2009 03:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

haha 3pts a win SJ would have 150 points for home Win’s alone.. yiks.. thats not counting OTL and Road wins/OTL

i just want the playoffs to be here! hockey in HD horray HD!

Damn kings lost to the gay stars… and i see the ducks beat your girls smile with montrals win that pretty much puts buffalo out of it.. the ducks are fighting hard for there spot

Posted: 01 April 2009 03:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

That’s incorrect about SJ and 150 points....you would take out the OT wins and make those 2 points, only regulation wins would be worth 3.  OT losses would be 1.  I think they should use thissystem, or get rid of the loser point all together.  I’ts useless.

Yeah, the ducks beat my team last night pretty much putting another nail in the coffin.  They have to 5-0 I think to make it.  However Nashville lost another guy last night so you never know.

Buffalo is done man smile Unless Florida, Montreal and the rangers all collapse...stranger things have happened:)

Signature 

Posted: 01 April 2009 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Aristo
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-23

ahh you didnt say all that before.. but.. hmm.. so instead of OTL.. you have OTW.. hmm.. not sure what i think about that.. a win is a win.. i dont think you should loss a point for winning the game.

yes. stranger things have happened. i just wanna fast forward and see haha

Posted: 01 April 2009 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

The NHL is the only league I think that gives points for losing.  If we look at baseball or basketball, it’s wins and losses...not wins, losses, OT losses.  I just think making each game worth 3 points in total would solve a lot of issues around the loser point.

So who are your top 4 teams this year?  I think it will be NJ and Boston in the East and Detroit and San Jose in the West.

I really would like to see Chicago or Columbus in the West, but I think the top two teams are just way to strong.

Signature 

7 of 10